Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 1:8-14
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Why has God anointed the Son with the oil of gladness?
- What attributes of Jesus Christ are highlighted in verses 10-12?
- What is the contrast made between the heavens and Jesus Christ in these verses?
- What is the purpose of angels in the world, according to verse 14? For whom does the author say the angels are to render service?
- Read all the Psalms referenced in Hebrews 1:8-14. (Psalms 45, 102, and 110) What do we learn about Jesus from these psalms?
- How do v. 10-12 work to support the author’s argument that Jesus is superior to angels?
- In what ways does the description of angels in v. 14 stand in contrast to the previous OT passages?
- According to Hebrews 1, how should we think about angels and their place in the world?