Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 11:4-7
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What does v. 4 tell us was the result of Abel’s pleasing offering to the Lord?
- Why was Enoch taken up, according to verse 5?
- What is it impossible to do without faith?
- What did Noah do after receiving this warning from God?
- How, does v. 7 tell us, Noah constructed the ark? What does that mean?
- How was Abel’s offering an expression of faith in God?
- What does it mean that Abel still speaks today, through faith? What is Abel saying to us through his example of faith?
- Why does it require faith to believe those two things mentioned in v. 6?
- In what ways does God reward those who seek Him? What do those rewards look like?
- How is Noah’s construction of the ark an example of great faith in God? How does this connect back to verse 1 of Hebrews 11?