Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 10:19-25
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 10:19-25.
- What are the two reasons, according to verses 19 and 21, that we can now approach God?
- How does verse 22 tell us we are to approach God?
- Why ought we “hold firmly to the confession of our hope”?
- In what two ways are we to encourage one another?
- What have some people begun to do in the original audience of this letter?
- What is the “new and living” way by which we have access to God?
- Why do you think the author exhorts his readers to encourage one another?
- What does it look like practically to encourage other believers in love and good deeds?
- What is the opposite of encouraging one another, according to verse 25?
- Why is it so vital for the church to continue to meet together consistently?