Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 10:1-4
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 10:1-4. What is stated about the Law?
- What are the limitations of the Law’s ability to cleanse from sin? Who is this a problem for?
- How did the Law provide a reminder of sin, instead of putting an end to sin?
- What conclusion is drawn in vs. 4? What doubt can be left in the author’s point through this passage?
- Why was the Law called a “shadow” of other “good things to come”?
- From vs. 1 and 4, what are the limitations of the law and its sacrifices? Why is this a problem for you specifically?
- What possibilities remain regarding the Law’s ability to save?
- How does this passage support the author’s overall main point that Christ is more sufficient than the Old Testament sacrificial system?