Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 5:5-10
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Why is it significant that Christ did not glorify himself to become a high priest?
- Two Old Testament scriptures are referred to in verses 5 & 6. Where are they found, and what are they talking about?
- What is the connection between verses 5-6 and verses 7-10?
- Why do you think that the Father is referred to as ‘the One able to save Him from death’?
- In what way was Christ ‘heard’?
- How does verse 8 provide help for suffering Christians?
- Why would it be important for Jesus to be ‘perfect’ in order to ‘become the source of eternal salvation’?