Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 4:6-11
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What does it mean to enter God’s rest?
- Who are the “some” of verse 6?
- What day has God fixed for his people to enter his rest?
- According to verse 10, why is the believer’s rest characterized as a “Sabbath” rest?
- What is to be our attitude towards entering God’s rest?
- What are some of the implications of God appointing “today” for us to enter his rest?
- In what way did Joshua seemingly give the Israelites rest?
- What does it mean that there remains a Sabbath rest for us today? Are we to Sabbath like the Israelites?
- How does the example of the Israelites failing to enter Canaan function as a warning to people today?