Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 4:12-13
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews chapter 4:12-13. What or who is the topic of these two verses?
- How is the word of God described?
- What is the word of God able to do? How is this illustrated?
- How far does this ability or power extend?
- What possibility is there to escape judgment? (vs. 13)
- Have these verses previously shaped how you view Scripture? In what way?
- What implication is present from these verses when the context of vs. 7-11 is considered?
- How could the word of God being described as “living and active” be misrepresented in light of God’s unchangeable nature?
- Do you find vs 13 comforting or discouraging? Why?