Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 3:1-11
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 3:1-11.
- How is Jesus described? What has Jesus accomplished?
- How is Jesus compared with Moses? What are the similarities and differences?
- From the context of this passage, what is “His house”?
- Who are “they”, from vs. 7-11? (Also see Psalm 95:7-11 and Exodus 17:2-7) What is stated about them in this passage?
- Describe the contrast between Jesus and “they”.
- How are the recipients described in vs. 1? Does this describe you? Why or why not?
- What word is repeated several times in vs. 1-6, and contrasted by vs. 7-11? Would you be considered “faithful”, or as those described in vs. 7-11?
- From this passage, what are some signs of NOT being included in “His house”? Are you marked by any of these signs?