Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 2:9-13
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- According to verse 9, who was made lower than the angels for a little while?
- What does the author say was the reason Jesus was made lower than the angels?
- How did the Father make the “author of their salvation” (Jesus) perfect?
- What is the connection between “he who sanctifies” and “those being sanctified”? What do they share?
- What is the result of the fact that we all come from one Father, according to verse 11?
- What does it mean that Jesus was perfected through suffering?
- Why was it “fitting” for God to perfect Jesus through suffering? What does it mean that it was “fitting”?
- What are some of the implications for us as Jesus’ “brothers”? What does this terminology imply?
- In what ways is God’s sovereignty evident in this passage?