Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 2:1-4
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 2:1-4. What action is the author looking for from the recipients in verse 1?
- What is the author wanting them to pay attention to?
- What is the word spoken through angels?
- How does the argument in verses 2-4 make verse 1 more urgent?
- What danger is there of 'drifting away'?
- What kind of justice does God send on those who transgress and disobey His revelation?
- How has God confirmed His self-revelation in Jesus Christ?