Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Chronicles 29:10-20June 30, 2022 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read 1 Chronicles 29:10-20 (skim vs. 1-9 for context).
- What did David recognize the Lord had done? How did he view the Lord’s authority?
- How did he refer specifically to what had been given for the temple and where it came from?
- What is stated about the people of Israel? How does this contrast to what is stated about the Lord?
- Why do you think David went to this length to rehearse the greatness of the Lord in his thankfulness over provision for the temple?
- With what attitude did the people offer so much? How did this play part in the joy and thankfulness David expressed?
- What did he ask for Solomon and how was Solomon expected to respond?
- How does the amount of adoration in this prayer match that of your own prayers?