Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 2:17-20May 4, 2022 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 2:17-20. What type of relationship did Paul reveal having with his original audience? How did he express affection for them?
- What kept Paul from visiting the Thessalonians? How did he still have connection with them?
- How did Paul describe the Thessalonians?
- What was Paul expecting in the future?
- Read vs. 13-16 for further context. Why was Paul specifically thankful for this group of people?
- Reflect on your relationship with other believers. Why specifically do you have affection for the believers you would otherwise have little in common with?
- How is your life affected by expecting Jesus’ return?