Preparing for the Gathering - Revelation 2:18-29January 24, 2024 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Revelation 2:18-29 again.
- Whose deeds are you following: those of the world, or those of Jesus? Because Jesus knows all our deeds (verse 19) and will give according to our deeds (verse 23), pray that God would help you hold fast to the truth and keep the deeds of Christ.
- Examine your heart before the Lord in light of this passage to see if there is any sin that you are tolerating in your heart. Consider praying through Psalm 139 or doing a Bible study on men and women who tolerated sin in their lives (e.g., the kings of Judah tolerating the high places, or Eli tolerating the sins of his sons).
- Praise Christ for His gracious rewards for His people, even to share in His rule over the earth, and meditate on what it means for Christ to promise us His own self forever.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: elder prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- This Is Our God (sheetmusic)
- Psalm 150 (sheetmusic)
- Now Why This Fear (sheetmusic)
- In Christ Alone (sheetmusic)
- The Sands of Time Are Sinking (sheetmusic)