Preparing for the Gathering - Tongues in the New Testament
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Why is this such a challenging subject for us to think about, talk about, and apply biblical standards to today? If someone desires to have the gift of tongues, how would you talk with them about their motives, their understanding, and their desire to practice this gift?
- Seek to soften your heart to the teaching of God’s Word on this subject. Seek to lay aside experiences and emotions that would challenge the authority of Scripture in life, particularly in this area of doctrine.
- Pray that the Lord would enable the church to have peaceful, loving, honest conversations about this when we disagree. Pray that we would exemplify submissive hearts that place others above ourselves, and that submit to one another in love.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.