Preparing for the Gathering - Titus 3:1-8
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Talk about how this passage can impact the way you pray for non-Christians.
- How could this passage impact what you say when you share the gospel with non-Christians?
- How should this passage impact your attitude toward the non-Christians in our culture (even those you know very well)?
- What is the single greatest way you should be applying this passage to your approach to evangelism?
- Pray for submission to the Word of God. Pray God that we walk in obedience to Him through his Word and the power of the Holy Spirit and that we might make disciples of the nations, magnifying our Maker and Redeemer. Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven
- All Praise to Him
- But God
- The Lord Is
- How Sweet and Aweful Is the Place