Preparing for the Gathering - Titus 2:1-10January 18, 2023 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Titus 2:1-10 again.
- Consider the commands to the group of which you belong. How does your life and behavior specifically align with or deviate from the commands given?
- Confess areas of deviation and seek out ways this week to strengthen your life and behavior in light of this passage.
- Rejoice in the areas of which you honor the Lord through obedience. Confess and repent from the sins brought to light through this passage.
- Seek out others to help you live in light of this passage. Consider joining a Titus 2 or Ironmen group.
- Consider how you can use this passage in your witness to unbelievers. How can you use your witness to share the gospel?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come and Stand Before Your Maker (sheetmusic)
- May the Peoples Praise You (sheetmusic)
- O Sacred Head, Now Wounded (sheetmusic)
- Your Words of Life (sheetmusic)
- Take My Life (sheetmusic)