Preparing for the Gathering - Romans 6:8-11
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Pray for wisdom and enlightenment to know Christ better in the tremendous hope and great power we have in Jesus' death and resurrection (Eph. 1:17-21)
- Seek ways to encourage yourself and others in our church in the gospel this week, seeking to kill sin knowing that we are no longer slaves to sin, rather we are slaves to Christ and live in Him.
- Reach out to at least one other member this week, praying for them, encouraging them in the gospel, and desiring to gain a closer relationship with other members of Christ's body, so that we might live for Him. Use this opportunity to kill selfishness and laziness in your own heart and seek to unite our bodies in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- In Christ Alone
- Grace and Peace
- All Glory Be to Christ
- I Will Glory in My Redeemer