Preparing for the Gathering - Psalm 22
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read through both Psalm 22 and Mathew 27 again.
- How do these passages impact you in your daily walk to become more like Christ?
- How would you become more like Christ? By doing miracles which even demons can seem to do sometimes, or by submitting to suffering and ridicule?
- How can you pray or help prepare not only yourself but the body of Summit Woods for the worship service this Sunday in light of Psalm 22?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Go Tell It on the Mountain
- Christ the Lord is Born Today
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- The First Noel