Preparing for the Gathering - Philippians 4:4-9
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Philippians 4:4-9 again. Consider how you have failed to obey the instruction “do not be anxious”. Consider how and why this is sin against the Lord. Repent and turn from this.
- In light of this passage, develop a practical plan with practical steps for combatting anxious thoughts. Talk through this plan with your spouse, someone who you meet with, or just a brother or sister in Christ.
- Rejoice in the hope of this passage and how it sufficiently addresses the cares of our soul.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Dalton Vansell: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Holy (sheetmusic)
- O Worship the King (sheetmusic)
- I Have a Shelter (sheetmusic)
- Yet, Not I, But Through Christ In Me (sheetmusic)
- Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor (sheetmusic)