Preparing for the Gathering - NT Giving
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- How does what we have learned in the past few weeks inform your conscience about what you should give and when? Is there a time your conscience should convict you regarding a failure to give?
- What does God require of you in terms of giving and tithing?
- In preparation for Sunday, pray that our hearts would be ready to hear and do what the Word of God says about giving/tithing. Pray that the Lord will use his Word to soften hearts and bend wills to his, particularly in the area of finances/giving/tithing.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
Lyrics Morning Gathering - ... by on Scribd