Preparing for the Gathering - Matthew 28:18-20
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Matthew 28:18-20 again.
- How have you been obedient to the commands found here? How could you be more obedient? How have you been disobedient? How does/should this commission shape your life?
- What in your life competes with this mission of these verses?
- How does your life conform to the commission found here?
- Deeply consider how to more faithfully carry out this mission. What needs to change big picture in your life? In your family? In your heart personally? In your evangelism? In how you think about missions? In how you think about the church? In how you think about the mission of the church? In how you think about the church’s relationship to social change/justice?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Grace Alone (sheetmusic)
- Saved My Soul (sheetmusic)
- Our Only Hope Is You (sheetmusic)
- Behold the Lamb (sheetmusic)
- The Power of the Cross (sheetmusic)