Preparing for the Gathering - Matthew 28:1-15
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- This account reveals two responses to the resurrection: fear, joy, and worship of the Lord, and a hard-hearted willful rejection of the clear truth. Examine your own heart as to how you have responded to the resurrection of Christ. If there is fear, joy, and worship, then allow this passage of God’s Word to encourage and increase your zeal to serve the resurrected Lord. If you sense a hard-heartedness, or an indifference regarding the resurrection then pray that the Lord would have mercy on you, that he would help your unbelief. Turn from your sin, trust in the resurrected Christ, and joyfully worship him.
- Pray that the Lord would use the proclamation of his Word to save those who are lost, those who are hostile or indifferent to the resurrection of Christ among us.
- Seek to have your zeal for the Lord increased this week as you prepare for Sunday in order to fervently worship our resurrected Savior by reflecting and meditating on the truth of this passage.
- Read and reflect on 1 Corinthians 15 in addition to this passage as we think on the resurrection, its importance, and its implications this week.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
Good Friday Evening Gathering
- All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
- Glorious and Mighty
- O My Soul, Arise
- Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted
- The Power of the Cross
Resurrection Sunday Morning Gathering
- Come, People of the Risen King
- Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery
- See, He Comes
- Grace and Peace
- Glorious Day