Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 12:3-11
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 12:3-11 again.
- How might this passage impact the way you discipline your children?
- Have you been disciplined by the Lord? How? If not, what does that say about your relationship with the Lord?
- How might this passage be helpful in sharing the gospel with a “nominal Christian” (not a true believer, but professes to be)?
- Confess and forsake any sinful responses to discipline the Lord has brought to light through the study of this passage.
- Consider how you might use a portion of this passage to encourage another believer, either now or in the future. Take steps to commit that portion to memory.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music, Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Behold Our God (sheetmusic)
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness (sheetmusic)
- It Is Well with My Soul (sheetmusic)
- He Who Is Mighty (sheetmusic)
- When Trials Come (sheetmusic)
More in Latest News
September 28, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
September 28, 2022Elder's Prayer - September 25, 2022
September 22, 2022Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18