Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 12:12-17
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 12:12-17. Where is v. 12 quoting from? What is the context of Is 35 that this quote comes from? How does this relate to the context of Heb 12:12?
- What commands are given in this section? What do these instructions mean?
- What are the readers supposed to “see to”?
- What warnings are in vv. 14-17? How are these warnings supposed to land on the reader?
- What does it mean to have strong hands and knees? What does it mean to have straight paths for your feet?
- Why is the command to pursue peace with all men striking in this section?
- What does it mean to pursue sanctification? How does the warning “without which no one will see the Lord” fit in this section?