Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 10:11-18
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Ponder the incredible reality that Christ has made a completely sufficient sacrifice for your sin. How can you respond in gratitude toward God in light of this reality?
- How can the reality of Christ’s victory over his enemies enhance your hope as you await his return?
- How should the law of Christ written on your heart affect the way you life? Are you living in obedience to this law?
- Confess the ways you are not obeying the Law of Christ, and repent of this sin.
- If God has forgiven you, how should you think about your own sin?
- If God has forgiven you, how should you forgive others? Is there someone you need to forgive even this week?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Rejoice (sheetmusic)
- How Sweet the Day (sheetmusic)
- The Son of God Came Down (sheetmusic)
- He Who Is Mighty (sheetmusic)
- Come Thou Long-Expected Jesus (sheetmusic)