Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Identify passages that are not clear right now and continue to re-read them and meditate on them, in prayer asking for God to give clarity.
- Pray for a heart that is prepared by God to receive the teaching in this book and apply it in our own lives, both individually and corporately.
- Pray for your heart to become receptive to all circumstances God brings to you daily. Pray that in those circumstances He would bring opportunities for you to strengthen the church in unity and to evangelize the lost.
- Pray that the Lord would use the preaching of his Word to restore and build His people.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- A Mighty Fortress
- How Great Thou Art
- Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer
- My Faith Has Found a Resting Place
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul