Preparing for the Gathering - Heb. 4:14-16
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- In what ways does this passage shape your understanding of how you stand before God? How does this compliment vv. 12-13?
- Consider your need to hold fast to your confession. What pulls you from this? How does this passage respond to that pull?
- What keeps you from approaching the throne of grace with confidence? How can this passage overcome that lack of confidence?
- What struggles in the life of a believer are addressed by this passage? How could you use this passage to help a brother or sister?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
- Holy, Holy, Holy
- Now Why This Fear
- O My Soul, Arise
- Behold the Lamb
- And Can It Be?