Preparing for the Gathering - Heb. 4:1-5
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 4:1-5 again. How have you seen this kind of fear in your life? In what ways should you seek to better understand apply a proper fear in your life in response to this passage?
- How have you responded/are you responding to the good news that has been preached to you? Where do you see unbelief rearing its ugly head in your life? What antidote to your unbelief do you find in this section of Hebrews?
- Consider how this passage would shape your interactions with a drifting Christian and an unbeliever. What would you tell them from this passage to warn them of their danger?
- Pray that we would be a congregation that trembles at the thought of coming short of entering God’s rest. Ask for God’s grace to bring us into his rest. Seek to be a means of God’s grace in someone else’s life to warn them from drifting away.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.