Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis 48
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Genesis 48 again.
- Summarize this passage in one sentence.
- List out some of the various promises and blessings of God found throughout the book of Genesis to his people. Ponder the impact of the covenants and blessings given to Israel that eventually lead to your Savior, the Messiah.
- Consider the greatness of God’s sovereign power that his blessings extend throughout generations.
- Where are you failing to trust the Lord and his plans? How can you trust him this week?
- Do you feel as though there is a disconnect between your view of blessing and God’s? How can you surrender to God’s view?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Terry Engling: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Only a Holy God (sheetmusic)
- Let the Nations Be Glad (sheetmusic)
- And Can It Be? (sheetmusic)
- Oh the Deep, Deep Love (sheetmusic)
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness (sheetmusic)