Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis 35
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Genesis 35.
- Consider what idols you might be harboring in your heart, and seek to, by God’s grace, put them out of your heart and life in order to worship God with a united heart.
- Consider God’s gracious protection of Jacob. How should this comfort you?
- How have you seen God’s faithfulness in your life despite your sin? How have you seen God’s redeeming work on display? How does this grace affect the way we treat others? How does it impact the way you view God?
- Spend some time thanking God for his grace and faithfulness.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Let the Nations Be Glad (sheetmusic)
- All Praise to Him (sheetmusic)
- Now Why This Fear (sheetmusic)
- Immovable Our Hope Remains (sheetmusic)
- O Lord, My Rock, and My Redeemer (sheetmusic)