Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis 31
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Consider your view of God and how that shapes your interactions with others. How do you act in similar ways to Jacob, Laban, and/or Rachel? What false ideas about God do you need to repent of in light of what we see in this chapter?
- How has deception marred relationships in your life? What kind of reconciliation could occur if you were to handle things in a right way, as opposed to what we see in this chapter? Seek to pursue that reconciliation.
- How have you questioned God’s purposes because of the sinful actions of man? In light of what we’ve seen in Gen 30-31, how should you seek to repent of unbelief and pursue faith in the Lord, even in the midst of relational deception?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All My Ways Are Known to You (Sheetmusic)
- Only a Holy God (Sheetmusic)
- How Vast the Love (Sheetmusic)
- But God (Sheetmusic)
- Your Words of Life (Sheetmusic)
- Our Only Hope Is You (Sheetmusic)