Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis 29
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Consider the ways in which you have responded poorly to circumstances God has ordained for you this week. Seek the Lord’s forgiveness and the grace of repentance for sinful thoughts/actions in response to God’s providence.
- Pray that God would grant that Summit Woods would be a congregation content with the circumstances God ordains. Pray that we would be a body characterized by trust in the sovereign hand of God that is always moving for the fulfillment of his plans and promises.
- Consider how this passage could shape an interaction between you and a fellow believer this coming Lord’s Day. Think through ways you could guide that conversation back to this passage and God’s goodness displayed in it. Do the same for an unbeliever. What would this passage say to an unbeliever?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Grace Alone
- Our Great God
- When We See Your Face
- O Sacred Head, Now Wounded
- My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less