Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis 24
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reflecting on what we have learned from the recent series revolving around Abraham's faith and God's faithfulness, what has been most enlightening and convicting in your own life?
- How does the narrative of Abraham not only paint a picture of a man's great faith but more importantly how does it inform you to God's sovereignty, lovingkindness, steadfastness, and his active involvement in his creation shape or re-shape your theology (how you know and understand God)? Does it change how you interact with him (reverence, fear, love, trust, etc.)
- Challenge yourself to see yourself in light of God's eternal plan. God's love and care for us bring discipline, pain, joy, delight, mourning, and assuredly hope that cannot be shaken. Look for ways to pass that on to encourage other believers, train and instruct children and grandchildren, reach out to the lost, and increase in righteousness daily.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All My Ways Are Known to You
- Glory Be to God
- O My Soul, Arise
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness