Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis 18
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Humble yourself before the Lord and seek his forgiveness for presumptuous sins that reflect a lack of holy reverence before a holy God. Seek to understand your position in relation to the Most High.
- Think on the ways that God has provided when circumstances seem dire. Think on biblical examples as well. Meditate on God’s faithfulness that has been demonstrated in the past and supremely in the cross to invigorate your faith for the dire circumstances you may be facing today.
- Think on the justice and grace of God displayed in vv. 20-33. Is this how you think of God or do you see him as harsh and condemning with no room for compassion? Seek to understand the role of intercession as exemplified in this passage. Praise God for his grace that has been shown to you, supremely in the gospel.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.