Preparing for the Gathering - 2 Timothy 3:14-17
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Knowing that God's work is the primary instrument that God uses in our lives, examine how you can incorporate teaching, reproof, correction and training into your daily life from the words of God to fight hard to kill your sin.
- Find ways to take the same principles you apply to yourself from this sermon and apply them to the body to build it up and fight for its purity.
- Examine what else in your life guides you in place of Scripture. This can be other godly books in your life that you rely on more than Scripture (marriage, family, discipleship, counseling, spiritual disciplines, parenting, etc.) These are not bad but can replace Scripture as the authority in your life. Pray for enlightenment to see this sin and ask for grace and power to cut off the source of idolatry and replace it with God's holy, perfect and powerful Word.
- Do you often neglect the Word when meeting with others in discipleship, marriage, parenting or other fellowship? Look for ways to encourage one another and confront one another with the words God has preserved for all eternity, unchanging and true.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Brett Harris: teaching.