Preparing for the Gathering - 1 ThessaloniansFebruary 9, 2022 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Skim 1 Thessalonians again.
- How does your life match the commands given through this letter, particularly 5:12-22?
- Confess any sin that came to light through studying this letter.
- Consider a passage from this letter you could use in sharing the gospel with someone you know.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- He Is Our God (sheetmusic)
- A Mighty Fortress (sheetmusic)
- Come Ye Sinners (sheetmusic)
- Psalm 130 (sheetmusic)
- Let the Nations Be Glad (sheetmusic)
Lyrics Morning Gathering - February 13, 2022 by Summit Woods Baptist Church on Scribd