Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 8:6-13
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Prayerfully examine your heart for areas that you do not give up your rights easily for the sake of other believers in their faith.
- Seek to restore relationships that you might have caused stumbling in their faith due to your desire for self over sacrifice.
- Watch for areas in our church where knowledge wins out over carefully, patiently and lovingly forsaking to bring up a brother or sister in Christ.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come, People of the Risen King
- How Firm a Foundation
- Your Words of Life
- How Sweet and Aweful Is the Place