Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 7:1-5
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- If you are married, prayerfully discuss with your spouse how you do or do not submit to one another in the area of marital rights. Are you giving or taking? Are you submitting or demanding? Are you aware of times of deprivation? Have you prayerfully come together in agreement for that time-period? Are you actively praying for protection from temptation?
- If you are single, planning on getting married, or married, test your attitudes and heart against Scripture. Are you able stay away from the world defining your marriage rights or have you been impacted by books, news, media, movies, TV, etc. in your thoughts, expectations, and actions? How can you overcome these temptations in each category
- Engage in discipleship opportunities in our church, both one-on-one and small groups. Ask one another these hard questions regarding submission, giving of oneself, and protecting one another through prayer and limited time of deprived intimacy.
- Pray for the protection of our church as a whole, our elders, deacons, teachers, and other leaders for protection in this area of singleness and marriage that displays the gospel so profoundly.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- See, He Comes
- All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
- I Hear the Words of Love
- Your Words of Life
- Speak, O Lord