Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 16:5-12
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Prayerfully review 1 Corinthians 16:5-12, meditating on your previous study of these verses.
- Ask God to reveal areas in your heart where you might not align with Scripture or help with clarity to deeply understand even a passage that seems to do nothing with us today.
- Pray for a heart supporting and strengthening our unity as a body in gospel ministry.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing
- My Faith Has Found a Resting Place
- The Sands of Time Are Sinking
- Grace Greater Than Our Sin
- Behold the Lamb
Lyrics Morning Gathering - ... by on Scribd