Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor 16:1-4
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 16:1-4. What was your reaction to this passage and the topic it addresses, when you first read it?
- Consider the author’s intentional language. Does he portray this as a suggestion or command? Does this match your view and action of giving for others?
- How would the Lord be honored through this passage being applied? What if this were not obeyed?
- Consider your own giving, both the motivation and generosity. How does each correlate with your measure of faith?
- How could this passage be used in your witness for Christ toward others?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
Lyrics Morning Gathering - ... by on Scribd