Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor 15:50-58
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 15:50-58. How have you been encouraged through studying this passage? How have you been convicted?
- What aspects of your life reflect the hope the author portrays in this passage? What aspects of your life may indicate the extent of your life is focused on this “perishable” life? How would you redirect that focus?
- How could you use this passage in your witness for Christ? Take steps to communicate the Gospel to unbelievers around you.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Joy to the World
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Come, Behold the Wondrous Mystery
- Come and Stand Amazed