Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 15:1-2
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What is your current relationship to the gospel? Have you responded to the gospel in a way that reflects the truth of this passage and the rest of Scripture? Seek to honestly contemplate the truth of this passage in comparison with your life.
- What are some ways that you can seek to cling more closely to the gospel? What are specific things to do that the Scripture prescribes to stir your affections so that you are zealous to persevere? What are specific ways you can encourage others at SWBC to do so as well? Write out a specific action to take in this regard and carry it out this Sunday.
- Pray for unbelievers in our midst this Sunday that the Lord would use the proclamation of the gospel to bring to life dead sinners, to open their blind eyes, to replace their hard hearts. Pray for believers in our midst to be stirred up by way of reminder and encouraged to persevere in the faith. Pray that we would rightly understand how the gospel impacts our lives in the day to day as believers.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.