Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 14:20-25
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- How should this passage impact your thinking about the gift of tongues? Allow your understanding to be conformed to God’s Word, and repent of any wrong thinking and living that has resulted from wrong thinking.
- How should this passage impact your thinking about the gift of prophecy? Allow your understanding to be conformed to God’s Word, and repent of any wrong thinking and living that has resulted from wrong thinking.
- How should we respond as a congregation to this passage in light of our study of 1 Cor. 12-14 so far? What are the heart motives Paul would like for the Corinthians to have that you see in this passage that we should emulate?
- Pray that Pastor Bret will make this passage clear for us on Sunday morning (Colossians 4:4). Pray that we, as a congregation, will respond with humility and trembling before God’s Word (Isaiah 66:2).
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.