Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 14:1-5
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Recall the initial commands given in v. 1. What should be our response to both of these commands?
- What is the motivation Paul offers for desiring spiritual gifts? Is this what motivates your pursuit and exercise of gifts in the church?
- How should our understanding and practice of spiritual gifts be shaped by this passage? What sorts of sinful thoughts and behaviors should be repented of? What righteous thoughts and actions should be sought after?
- How can you practically apply this passage to edify the church in the weeks to come at SWBC?
- Spend time praying for your own heart and others’ at SWBC to pursue loving one another and right thinking and exercising of spiritual gifts.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven
- See, He Comes
- Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed
- Nothing That My Hands Can Do
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul