Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 13:8-13
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 13:8-13. Reflect on your view of love and how love is displayed in your own life. How could the outflow of love from your life be improved or increased by what is stated about love in this chapter?
- Reflecting on vs. 4-7 also; how impossible is biblical love without the impact Christ has made in your life? Pray for an increased emphasis on love in your heart and life.
- Reflecting on the duration of love, as portrayed in this chapter; what level of hope is offered here, through love? What part does love and the duration of love play in the Gospel?
- Pray for the impact of this passage on your own life as well as the lives of our entire congregation.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
- All Praise to Him
- O Fount of Love
- How Firm a Foundation
- Here Is Love
More in Latest News
September 28, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
September 28, 2022Elder's Prayer - September 25, 2022
September 22, 2022Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18