Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 13:1-3
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. Who do you think this love that is absent should have been directed toward; God, the church, others? (Keep the context of the preceding chapter in mind) How do you measure your own love for others or for God?
- Do you recall a time when you took action to help someone or even sacrificed for them with a motivation other than love? What would have been different if love had been present?
- Why do you think these or any other actions would be essentially useless if love is not present? Why is love so important in Christian life and action? Where have you seen love present in your life since coming to faith in Christ?
- Be mindful of your activities through the remainder of the week and the measure of love that is outflowing from you. Ask the Lord to adjust your motivation when you sense love is not present.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Your Great Name We Praise
- O Worship the King
- There Is a Fountain
- My Faith Has Found a Resting Place