Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 12:8-11
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, focusing on 8-11 for this week. What would you say is the main point of this passage?
- How have you witnessed any of these gifts exercised in the local church? How has the Spirit of God specifically been manifested in your life (vs. 7)?
- How could you use this passage in sharing the gospel with others? Plan to listen to the sermon on this passage with that in mind.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Yours Is the Kingdom
- Lead On, O King Eternal
- He Will Hold Me Fast
- His Mercy Is More
- Jesus, I am Resting