Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 12:27-31
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- How have you been thinking about the local church? As the body of Christ? Seek to conform your thinking to the Scriptures in this regard and repent of sinful thoughts and attitudes toward the local church.
- How do you treat your fellow members? What would happen if one of the parts of your body were to treat the other in this way? Ask for God’s forgiving and transforming grace to help you live in a more faithful way toward your fellow members.
- Seek to grapple with and understand the final verse of this passage. Seek to have a humble, teachable heart that is willing to bend to the preaching of the Word that will happen on Sunday, and for those around you similarly. Have the mindset to pursue “the more excellent way” Paul refers to at the end of this section.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.