Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 12:14-26
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 12:14-26. Where do you see yourself in light of this passage; what is your role in the church body?
- What is your view of other members of the body and the importance of their roles? Considering vs. 25, what members might you view as weaker or less important? How does that affect the unity between yourself and those members, as well as the unity of the whole body? How does this passage redirect your perspective toward those members and/or their role in the body?
- How have you recently seen vs. 26 manifested in our church? To what extent do you rejoice or suffer with others in their circumstances? How could your awareness or sensitivity toward other members be heightened?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.