Preparing for Sunday - Matthew 23:37-24:3October 15, 2015 Preparing for Sunday
- Quickly review Matthew 23. Carefully read Matthew 23:37-24:3
- What was the scene prior to Jesus’ statement in 23:37? How does that add to the intensity of his statement?
- What does Jesus mean by his statement in vs. 38?
- What did Jesus teach regarding the temple in previous passages?
- What do you think the disciples have in mind as they ask their question in 24:3? What might they expect of Jesus?
- What is your attitude toward those who are not gathered to Christ by faith? What should your response to them be?
- Think back on your activities over the past couple of days. What does your daily life reveal about your association with Jesus?
- What have your recent decisions revealed about your expectation for the return of Christ?
- Make plans to lovingly share the hope of the gospel with someone you know who opposes Christ.
- Evaluate your plans for the future and consider adjustments that will reflect eternal hope available through Christ.
- Pray for those who will be leading our gathering this week: Dawson Bryant, music; Brett Harris, Elders' prayer and Scripture reading; Bret Capranica, teaching.
- Review and meditate on the lyrics of the songs we will sing this week. Listen to each of them so that you know them well enough to sing with understanding and zeal.
Songs for Sunday
- Jesus Messiah (Video)
- His Name Is Jesus (Video)
- Stronger (Video)
- The Lord Is (Video)
- All Creatures of Our God and King (Video)